Mel looks a lot hotter when you're drunk. Trust me! Ohh listen, the Dubliners --- "Rise up, dear Peggy and stand up on the height. Count all yer cattle..." hey, where's the Jameson's?! I need another aperitif before we tuck into Mrs. Brallaghan's boiled bacon and cabbage! Honk, honk! If there's one thing I can't stand it's big trousers! Oops...I think I'll just lie here for a minute...
The Boiled Bacon and Cabbage
2.5 lb joint of bacon
1 whole green cabbage
1. Place the joint of bacon in a pot, cover with cold water with the peppercorns and bring to the boil.
2. Remove the scum that floats to the surface
3. Cover and simmer for 1.5 hours
4. Cut cabbage into quarters and add to pot
5. Cook gently for about a half hour, or until cabbage is cooked to your liking.
6. Drain, and serve with potatoes boiled in their jackets, and mustard.
Delicious served with Picaroons Irish Red or Guiness Stout!