Lipton's "Festive California Dip."
While Memorial Day weekend can be great fun, it can also be fraught with danger! Every year we warn readers that the combination of party atmosphere, gallons of Stella Artois, and kids running around everywhere can result in horrible tragedy!
While there is not much anyone can do to prevent earthquakes, tornadoes, mudslides, E.coli infection, attacks by swarms of killer bees, or even this from turning your cookout into a catastrophe that's endlessly rerun on CNN, it's always a "safe bet" to keep plenty of chips and dip on hand!
Some essential "dip safety" points.
* Always site your chips and dip on a firm, level base sheltered from gusts of wind, such as garden sheds, garages, fences, shrubs and so-on.
* Only use recommended ingredients and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
* Do not allow dip to burst into flames or burn fiercely.
* Never wear loose, flowing clothes when eating chips and dip, and tie long hair back.
* Ensure that children are kept well away from dips - their fascination and curiosity can easily lead to dreadful accidents!
* If you are the "chef," please take responsibility and try to avoid indulging in alcholic beverages until your dip-making is complete!
Now, go have some fun!
Festive California Dip
12 pks Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
2,304 oz Sour cream
In a huge bowl, blend all ingredients; chill. Makes about 24 cups dip. Serve with Ruffles® brand Potato Chips.
For those of you who don't like their Festive California Dip "extra creamy," I would recommend using only 288 oz of sour cream with 12 packages of Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix. (With a special tip o' the hat to Fannie Farmer (Mrs.))